Would you like to contribute a guest post to Sweet Croatia?
We’re always open to new contributors who share our love of Croatia. If you are interested in writing for us, please get in touch. You can email article submissions to info(at)sweetcroatia.com or contact us to discuss ideas for a contribution. Guest authors are always credited, and you can link to your own website or blog from your author biography that will be shown at the end of the post.
What we’re interested in publishing
We publish quality copy that is written for knowledge and enjoyment. We do not publish link-heavy articles clearly meant to serve as advertisement for a product or company. Content may take a variety of forms such as: Q&A, opinion-piece, photo-essay, top 5 or top 10 lists, graphic-memes, mapped routes, or in-depth analysis Our editors may suggest changes to your submission to better fit our formatting or focus. Only a mutually agreed upon final revision will be published.
Some topic ideas to get your imagination started
- Things your Baba taught you
- Croatian cooking – recipe review, menu ideas, how to
- Top 5 things to do/eat/see in a particular city or region
- Restaurant reviews
- Your first trip to Croatia
- 48 hours in Korčula, Zagreb, etc.
- Off the beaten path activities
- Best souvenier ideas
- Keeping Croatian traditions in your home
- Logistic tips for travel in Croatia between specific destinations
- A summary of good websites on a specific Croatian topic
- Life stories – Q&A with relatives who emigrated from Croatia
- Off-season travel – benefits of going to (Plitvice, Dubrovnik)
- Interview someone still living in Croatia (about tourism impact, culture questions, politics)
- Perspective of someone marrying into a Croatian family
- Croatian twists on holidays and special life events.
- Language learning tips – 10 dialect phrases from (Hvar), pick up lines, colorful idioms
- Review of Croatian courses, learning resources
- Tips for vegetarians (or other special diet) traveling in Croatia
- Ideas for a Croatian or Croatian inspired wedding
- What to bring on the ferry ride
- Fashion and style suggestions, where to shop
- Lessons learned – how to survive the unexpected
- Special interest guides to destinations – cycling, walking, photography, camping, climbing, etc.
- Feel free to make a few creative suggestions!
Rights and Responsibility
Anything we accept for publication may appear over the lifetime of sweetcroatia.com. Older articles will remain ‘indexable’ by search engines. Acceptance of material for posting on sweetcroatia.com is for our non-exclusive right to post the work on this site. We reserve the right to remove the article of our own accord at any time and for any reason.
In submitting your work to sweetcroatia.com you agree that you are fully responsible for any plagiarism, copyright infringement, or slander it may contain and for any consequences of such. If you have already published the article on another website we will not publish it here.
Our site is published in English on web-translator friendly technology. We generally only accept English language content submissions. However, we greatly value the perspective of native Croatian speakers. Those Croatians wishing to contribute but perhaps needing assistance with final translations into English are welcome to submit content in Croatian which we can work on together to finalize in English.
Photos and graphics
We wish to respect the rights of photographers and graphic design artists. To avoid possible copyright infringement, we need to verify the license of any photo you wish to submit if you have not personally taken the photo. If you source a photo from the internet, please submit corresponding URL for verification of licensing status. We may also have a photo available from our collection to fit the topic of your article.